August 5 - Small Group Clinic
Join us for our Singletrack Skills August Small Group Clinics!
The morning clinics will be 3 hours and will offer individualized attention with up to five riders at a strong beginner or intermediate level. This session will be from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
The afternoon mini session will be an hour and a half and will be dedicated to learning wheel lifts for small curbs and ledges. The afternoon session will be from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Professional, encouraging instruction in a small-group setting of up to 6 participants.
- Skills introduction and warm-up on flat open ground
- Trail-side session practice - there will be lots of starting, stopping and practicing drills. We will seek out trail features and use artificial features (cones, ropes, etc.) that will maximize everyone's class time. If you can ride all-day, you can get in more rounds of practice. If you are still working on your fitness, you can take breaks as needed.
- Topics may include: neutral and ready positions, finding balance on changing terrain, changing direction with corners and switchbacks, braking, shifting, line selection, riding up and down rocks and ledges, riding up and down steep hills, restarting on a hill, how to be a confident rider, how to evaluate risks on the trail, what to pack on a ride, equipment basics, trail etiquette
What Is Expected Of Riders?
- Make sure your bike is in good working order. All mountain bikes are welcome - it can be a rental, a hand-me-down or a top-of-the-line bike, but it must be safe and ready for a day on the trails. E-bikes are not allowed on city trails - if you are an e-bike rider, we can schedule a private lesson on suitable trails
- Be prepared to be out in the elements for 3 hours - bring layers, snacks and water
- Be open to learning new things and be encouraging of other participants
Refund Policy Summary
- Singletrack Skills will cancel skills clinics for severe weather or poor trail conditions. If the clinic is cancelled by Singletrack Skills, registrants WILL be offered a full refund.
- Refunds are NOT offered for individual participants who no-show or need to cancel their registration. However, you may transfer your registration to another participant. Read our full event policies here.